CONTROP's Airport Surveillance Systems and cameras are used at various airports and airbases for a wide variety of civilian as well as defense and homeland security requirements, including airport security and protection, flight safety, passenger safety, ground taxi control or air control.
Whether the required technology is for long, medium or short-ranges, CONTROP’s airport surveillance systems can meet the challenge.
Airport Security & Protection
- A “virtual fence” (over the sea or land) – detects intruders before they reach the fence.
- Observation of intruder/s that were detected by the electronic fence.
- Surveillance of runways and other zones for unauthorized activities.
- Identification and tracking of intruders and direction of security forces to the exact location.
Flight Safety & Air Control
- Observe and track aircraft in the air and on the ground – around the clock with continuous zoom-in capabilities.
- Scan aircraft in the air and on the ground for technical issues – with large magnification.
- Support Air Traffic Control activities.
- Provide situational awareness support for Air Tower responsibilities.
- 24/7 Day and Night capabilities – EO / IR for day and night operations.
- Continuous zoom-in / zoom-out with day camera and with night camera – continuous optical IR zoom lens.
- Interface with air or ground radar systems.
- Autonomous wide panoramic scan and panoramic picture display.
- Automatic intruder detection in real time with audio alert upon detection.
- Multiple target detection.
- Scanning, Tracking (automatic or manual) and Observation Modes of operation.
- Modular system configurations.
- Remote system operation.
- Improved vision capabilities even in low atmospheric visibility.
- Passive system - no RF radiation.
Read about CONTROP's Scanning and Observation systems